February is the month of love. The best way to love your family and friends is to love the Earth, too!
Here are 6 simple tips that will help you lower your waste and show your true love, Mother Earth, how much we really love her.
• We all love receiving greeting cards! If you purchase a Valentine’s Day card, buy a card made from recycled paper and avoid glitter, ribbon and bows. What’s better, though, is a hand-made card crafted with love. Be sure to recycle your cards once you’re done soaking in all the feels.
• If your sweetie loves flowers, be sure to place all plastic wrap in the BLACK Bin, NOT in the BLUE Bin. If flowers are a must, be sure to shop local. Spent flowers can be composted or placed in your large BROWN Bin.
• Bring on the sweet tooth! Sweet wrappers BLACK Bin and NOT the blue bin. Empty and flattened cardboard boxes should be recycled in your BLUE Bin.
• If you are planning a home cooked meal be sure to pre-cycle by purchasing items in packaging that can be recycled. Don’t forget your reusable bags to haul your groceries inside!
• Don’t forget the bubbly! Empty wine and champagne bottles should be recycled in the BLUE Bin.