Be a Smart Shopper
Tips on how to be savvy when you shop
- Use a reusable bag/ a bag for life instead of plastic carrier bags.
- Try reusable alternatives to throwaway items such as razors.
- Buy refills – reduce packaging and save money.
- Buy loose fruit and vegetables rather than pre-packed.
- Avoid convenience foods with layers of packaging.
- Choose Gift Vouchers for goods or experiences. Buy a “Gift for Life” from the charity of your choice.
- Remember to take old clothes and toys to a charity shop.
- Turn old Christmas cards into new things! For example bookmarks or gift tags.
- Buy rechargeable batteries.
- Buy reusable gift bags instead of wrapping paper.